Here is what we now know-
- The construction phase is estimated to be + / - 3 months from start to opening .
- It will be built on the northeast corner of Hwy 41 & Neufeld Ln. ( 767 N. Neufeld will be it's address ) . This is directly across from Wendy's and immediately south of the plaza with State Farm .
- It will have both an indoor dining area with seating for 62 and a drive through
- It will be 3149 square feet which my research has concluded is a common size compared to most other recently opened Popeye's locations.
- Vandervert Construction of Spokane will construct the restaurant and Norcal Cajun Foods of Concord,CA will in fact be the franchise owner.
While it seems like the Post Falls location will likely be the first location of Popeye's to open in our area it is important to note that another Popeye's Lousiana Kitchen location is in the works in North Spokane. That location will be at 6720 N. Division and it is also still coming but since we don't have as much details on that project just yet we will likely post about it at a later date here on inlandnwbusiness.com . We also are still waiting to see project renderings / finished product example photos for both sites and will likely also post those later, as we get ( or find... ) them.
At the present rate both Post Falls and Spokane will have Popeye's locations that are open for business in the first part of 2017. For those who are not aware here are some details on Popeye's Lousiana Kitchen the company itself-
- Based in Arabi, Louisana , the company started originally as " Chicken on the Run " when it was founded in 1972
- The company has over 2500 locations and continues to grow. The company has recently had our general region on it's radar with several new locations planned / now open for business in Montana.
- Popeye's is the second largest quick service chicken restaurant by number of locations. In addition to having locations in much of the US, Popeye's also has locations in 30 countries from Canada to Vietnam.
And, for even more info on Popeye's Lousiana Kitchen ( including a look at their menu ) , visit their website at-