With today's news that Tomato Street is planning to open in the former Rock City Grill space at River Park Square, i'm reminded there are actually several exciting restaurant news tidbits happening all over Spokane right now, here's some...
- Building permits are in the works to build a new Carl's Jr. at the site of the former National Furniture store at the corner of N. Division & Sharp. National Furniture is still open, just now at 213 W. Ermina .
- Construction has begun on a new Sweeto Burrito at Division & Nora, by the White Elephant store.
- Sweeto Burrito also looks to be expanding over to Coeur d' Alene as newspaper columnist Nils Rosdahl says they will be on a pad site by Winco on Ramsey / Appleway. We're still waiting on more on this here at the INBW.
- Something called Retro Donuts is coming to North Spokane, exactly where and when, we are still working on.
- A new bar & pizza place called Slice - Pints & Pizza has opened for business in the Clementine Square building at 829 E. Boone. They feature build your own pizzas as well several specialty pizza options.
- Market Street Grill has closed down their restaurant at 3027 N. Liberty ( just off of N. Market ) , citing a lack of business.
- Knockaderry Irish Pub & Eatery has also shut down their bar & restaurant in the former Sidebar location at 1011 W. Broadway .
- Allie's Vegan Pizzeria & Café is working towards re-opening their fire damaged location at 4803 N. Nevada and in the mean time will be serving up some dishes from an impromptu event called Organic Fusion Fest at the corner of Garland & Lincoln in the Garland District.
- The Caruso's small chain of sandwich / pizza shops has filed to build out something called Caruso's Underground in the basement of the Ruby Suites building on N. Division ( where they all ready has a restaurant on the ground floor ) .
- A new place called Kabob House is getting permits together to open in the same plaza ( perhaps the same space ) as where Williams Seafood Market & Wines once was on N. Ruby & Montgomery.
- And, yes it does still appear a Popeye's Louisiana Grill is coming to Post Falls, we just are still waiting on the official news. Looks like it might open by the end of the year and will be on Hwy 41 & Neufield Ln, likely directly across from the Wendy's there. The franchisee is likely Norcal Cajun Foods, so if anyone knows anything or a way to get ahold of them please email me ASAP at email@example.com
And, there is still more we're working on so keep watching this site!